Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Here We Go Again =0)


Let's do this. I am more than pleased to be coming back with a new and improved blog. I have given it a lot of thoughts and decided that I would do my thing sporadically while focusing on many subjects that make me smile: and they are mostly books, movies and TV shows. I will discuss them right here or put a link where you will be able to read some of my thoughts regarding such and such. Don't be surprised if I even talk about little things that have nothing to do with the entertainment field. Just go along and enjoy this guy's take on love, life, and the many cultural events that make him want to give his two cents.

So here we go:

Went to see this last week:


Not as fun as I predicted.  Maybe I was expecting too much.  The whole thing felt a bit stale and repetitious, with many stupid moves made by certain characters (like why would a would-be victim, who has just confronted the masked killer, get out of her car when she clearly has her freaking cell phone on her person to call 911?!).  Some claim that this sequel pokes fun at itself this time.  I disagree.  I think the people behind the film just didn't have the goods to impress moviegoers, focusing instead a little too much on Ghostface and his killings; and in effect, it disregards the film's intelligence as a whole.  Yes, SCRE4M's intro is quite fun with (SPOILER AHEAD) its many beginnings, but the rest of the film just doesn't cut it.  It all simmers down to a one on one confrontation that is evident from the get-go.  Well, at least it was to me.  I would wait for the DVD release if I were you.  I have a strange feeling the film will work better on the small screen.  It has that TV movie vibes.





Speaking of review, I'm back at Film Fanaddict after a long break. To those who are not in the know, I write for this B-movie Website, reviewing some of their films. This time it's a collection of three flicks starring Misty Mundae. She's a sensation in underground cinema. Or was a sensation in underground cinema, before becoming more legitimate (CSI, for instance). In this collection, she goes from playing a junkie prostitute (PURGATORY BLUES) to playing a she-wolf in heat (AN EROTIC WEREWOLF IN LONDON). Yes, as you can see from the cover it's erotic horror. Here's the link to my review:





Last but not least, I have been on a Burt Hirschfeld fix for many years now. This author of sleazy fiction has always managed to entertain me (and a few others, like my pal Joe Kinney here) with his stories of the jetsetters and their over-the-top shenanigans in some part of the continent. This time around, the focus is on CINDY ON FIRE, an unofficial sequel to the mega hit FIRE ISLAND.   It depicts the ups and downs (mostly downs) of a flower power child on the move. I enjoyed it, and wrote something about it


Well, I guess that's it for now.  Hope you dig what I do, and I hope to see you return soon.

Peace--
Martin

No comments: