Tuesday 10 March 2015

OSCARS 1993: 'WOMEN IN FILMS' TRIBUTE



Ever since catching the Women in Films montage at the televised Oscars in 1993, I’ve always wondered who's the person behind the beautiful music showcased half-way through the tribute.   Well, it may have taken some 20 odd years, but I finally got my answer.  It’s none other than famed composer Ennio Morricone, whose cinema score ranges from THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY (1968) to LA CAGE AUX FOLLES (1978) to the recent DJANGO UNCHAINED.  Some of you elitists might express a Duh! regarding my cluelessness.  My answer? That’s what living under a pile of degenerated B-grade films does to you.  Anyway, here’s the Oscar clip montage, plus a live performance conducted by Morricone himself.
 
 
 

Love the teary-eyed reaction of Kathy Bates caught on camera.



 
 
 

Until next post—Martin

 

4 comments:

LANNO said...

Hey Martin
Just stumbled across this blog of yours. That tribute to Women was Awesome and I myself was always very keen to find out what that music was. Took a few years - but eventually found out what it was. I remember going out and buying Ennio's CD with La Califfa on it.

I still have a copy of the tribute to women and over the last few months have tried to put down the name of every film that was shown in that clip. I've managed to work out at least 80 out of the 90 films shown.....

John

Authorfan said...

Welcome, John. I should try to put down the name of every film myself. Cool idea.

LANNO said...

Hey Martin
I’m not sure if you kept track of your original post to me?
I eventually was able to name at least 99% of films in this memoriam. You’ll have to check it out. You may know the ones I don’t?

Authorfan said...

A meager 63, that's what seems to be my total. Yup, 63. Oh well.